Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life ~ Jesse Lee Bennet
There is nothing better than a good book. I've always loved the smell of the fresh paper and crackle of the binding as you open something that has never been opened before, or the honk of an ancient, tea-stained tome you've picked up from a charity shop. Gratis - something is lost when you download to your kindle - but overall even a new download will get me super excited.
- The Death of Bees, by Lisa O'Donnell
- Sweet Tooth, by Ian McEwan
- Noone is here (except of all of us) by Ramona Ausubel
- The Lost Year, by Mary Higgin Clark
- The Newlyweds, by Nell Freudenberger
- In One Person, by John Irving
I'm looking forward to buying one of these and heading over to my favourite book fair, on Embankment on the weekend, to pick up some classics.
Are you reading a new book? Share in the comments!
Til next time x